Woosh is a minimalistic browser starting up very fast and optimised for small screens.
It runs very well on the Neo Freerunner as well as on any netbook like the Acer One or Asus eeePC.
- simple gestures
- quick access to all important functions as
- go back/forward
- add bookmark
- toggle auto image load -> useful when on GPRS vs. wifi
- rotate landscape / portrait
- toggle fullscreen
- page caching in memory during a session for quick navigation of the history
- http proxy support via the http_proxy environment variable
Screenshots / User Manual
Default Portait View
The tool bar buttons are
- load indicator
- bookmark toggle
- preferences toggle
- portrait/landscape mode toggle
- fullscreen toggle
Woosh in fullscreen mode.
- the top bar right is "back"
- the middle is "toggle fullscreen"
- the right is "forward"
The middle part is used as load indicator and
is red during page load as seen in this screen shot
Woosh in landscape mode. Google Maps in html mode is quite usable,
even via a slow GPRS connection.
The page load indicator is white, the page is thus fully loaded.
You can add a bookmark for the current page by clicking on the "+".
The bookmarks close either by loading a page or by clicking on the
bookmark button again.
The bookmarks are stored in gconf and can be saved and restored the following way:
backup: gconftool-2 -g /apps/woosh/bookmarks > ~/bookmarks.woosh restore: gconftool-2 -s --type=list --list-type=string /apps/woosh/bookmarks\ "`cat ~/bookmarks.woosh`" unset (brings back default bookmarks): gconftool-2 -u /apps/woosh/bookmarks
The most used preferences are quick at hand: switching on and off
- go back in history: to the left
- go forward in history: to the right
This is a bit tricky to implement on the Neo, thus YMMV.
Add any websites that are optimised for mobile use and are viewable
Download / Install
wget http://trac.hackable1.org/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/WooshBrowser/woosh_0.1-1_armel.deb apt-get install libwebkit-1.0-1 dpkg -i woosh_0.1-1_armel.deb
- woosh-bookmarks.png (30.4 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.
- woosh-fullscreen.png (85.2 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.
- woosh-landscape.png (72.2 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.
- woosh-prefs.png (12.1 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.
- woosh-default.png (69.7 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.
- woosh_0.1-1_armel.deb (47.7 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.
- woosh-0.1.tar.gz (353.7 KB) - added by mbauer 4 years ago.