Work In Progress
Or where to find useful information about where to configure apps and preferences, how to use the OM2007.2 apps, what is specific to h:1 etc.
The default root password is root
A lot of commands regarding the interface have to be run as hackable1 user and some files are to be modified in /home/hackable1, not in /root. For instance, gconftool commands must be run as hackable1
We have a bugtracker that lists bugs, show their state etc. http://trac.hackable1.org/trac/report/3 If you find an error, it may have already been reported but you can confirm it. I you find a new bug, please file a bug report: http://trac.hackable1.org/trac/newticket
All the h1-sepcific artwork is in trunk/src/artwork/h1artwork. You can see in the Makefile where each parts goes. For instance, the file h1.pa (which becomes /use/share/hackable1/h1.pa in the image) is a config file for pulseaudio which defines the ringtones. The Hackable1-gtktheme contains the gtkrc (general Gtk theme) and application-specific themes. (See http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/Tutorials/GtkThemes)
- Changing the ringtones
- How to change the splashscreens
- Modify the homescreen elements (on openmoko's wiki)
The keyboard's package is h1xkbd and the binary is /usr/bin/xkbd. It is popped and closed by a short press on the Aux button
You can get this menu with a long-press on the Aux button.
- Toggle Fullscreen (When an app is launched, removes the upper bar)
- Swap Orientation (portrait/landscape) Warning: causes a white screen of the death with default kernel. You may use the Timo's kernel like suggested in #236 ticket
- Toggle USB mode (device/host). The host mode enables you to plug an usb device: keyboard, usb drive, ...
- Activate Bluetooh keyboard. May need prior configuration: #257
This menu is poped by a long-press (2s) on the power button.
- Dim combobox. Changes the brightness of the backlight
- h1settings(See below). The hackable:1 settings application
- Lock display. When power management is enabled (which is the default behaviour), the screen locks and the device suspend automatically after a certain period.
- Shutdown menu:
- Restart and force disk check
How to close applications
A single press on the power button closes the current application.